BHALWAN SINGH is undoubtedly one of the most keenly awaited films of 2017. There are two strong factors which second this thought.
First, BHALWAN SINGH will be the first solo release of Ranjit Bawa in India (Toofan Singh released only in overseas) and second, the production houses backing BHALWAN SINGH have had a 100% success rate at the box office.
Given the above factors, has the trailer and promotion by the lead artists & makers managed to create a decent hype and hoopla for BHALWAN SINGH to start big at the box office? SaadaPollywood.com analyzes the prospects of the movie.
BHALWAN SINGH releases on 27th October, 2017.
What could help the movie?
- Ranjit Bawa’s popularity – Ranjit Bawa enjoys a decent fan following in India and abroad. He is an immensely popular singer/actor and his followers would be eagerly waiting for BHALWAN SINGH.
- Ranjit Bawa is a perfect cast – The movie is a funny take on a man who has a lean body but believes he is a ‘bhalwan’. Given Ranjit Bawa’s petite body shape, he seems to be the perfect cast for the title role of BHALWAN SINGH. Moreover, Ranjit has already proved his acting prowess in films like Sarvann and Vekh Baraatan Challiyan.
- Strong Production team – Nadar Films, J Studio and Rhythm Boyz Entertainment have always backed quality scripts and presented entertaining cinema. Their work history includes films like Angrej, Love Punjab, Bambukat, Lahoriye and Vekh Baraatan Challiyan. Thus, viewers can expect another high-on-content movie in the form of BHALWAN SINGH.
- Hilarious Trailer – The trailer of BHALWAN SINGH had made quite an impression when it released last month. It highlighted that the movie will be an out-and-out entertainer.
- Comedy is a safe bet – Punjabi audiences love watching light entertainers and movies which have fun element attached to it. BHALWAN SINGH’s trailer had funny moments aplenty and viewers would be definitely looking forward to having a good time in theatres.
- Strong supporting cast – BHALWAN SINGH has some powerful actors in the form of Manav Vij, Karamjit Anmol, Mahabir Bhullar etc. who would be adding substance to their characters in the movie.
- Soulful music – All the songs from the movie are quite popular. Manak Di Kali, Aakad and Dil di Dua are amongst the top songs in every playlist.
- Debut of actress Navpreet Banga and director Param Shiv – Pollywood would get another female debutant in the form of Navpreet Banga, who is a popular face amongst Canadian Punjabis. Param Shiv would be starting off his directorial career from BHALWAN SINGH. These fresh talents would be adding their own unique touch to the movie.
- Worldwide release – BHALWAN SINGH will have an extensive release in India, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
What could go wrong?
- Competition from Bollywood biggies – Aamir Khan’s Secret Superstar and Ajay Devgn’s Golmaal Again are going pretty strong on the box office. Although both the movies would be entering the second week, but their popularity might hamper the earnings of BHALWAN SINGH.
- Mediocre Publicity – Although the makers have been publicizing the movie and attending press conferences, Ranjit Bawa has been able to devote limited time for promotions. In today’s era, promoting your movie has become an essential ingredient to a hit movie. To give the benefit of doubt, the makers might be supremely confident of their product and want the content of the movie to speak for itself.
Box Office Prediction:
BHALWAN SINGH is expected to start off on a positive note. Bailaras and Dangar Doctor Jelly did not open well and there has been a dearth of a hit Punjabi film. BHALWAN SINGH is expected to end this lull at the box office. With all the merits attached to it, BHALWAN SINGH would be the preferred choice of Punjabi cinegoers this week. The movie is expected to have a comfortable weekend and if the content is accepted by the audiences, it has the potential to sit amongst the most successful movies of 2017. Do you agree?
Please follow and like us: