Dangar Doctor Jelly is the third collaboration of actor Ravinder Grewal and director Atharv Baluja, after Raula Pai Gaya and Judge Singh LLB. Although Raula Pai Gaya was washed out, Judge Singh LLB did moderate business and was acclaimed for a good story and superior performance by Ravinder Grewal.
Dangar Doctor Jelly, which was earlier titled Dangar Doctor is up for release on 20th October, 2017. Has the movie generated enough pre-release hype to create an impact at the ticket window? SaadaPollywood.com analyzes the Box office prospects of Dangar Doctor Jelly.
What could help the movie?
- Rom-coms generally click – It’s generally observed that a majority of Punjabi film audiences are inclined towards watching romantic-comedy movies. The history says that films made under this genre have an instant click with the viewers. Dangar Doctor Jelly scores in this front. The trailer suggests that the movie is a comic take on relationships. This aspect will lure audiences to the cinema halls.
- A different theme – Dangar Doctor Jelly, as the name suggests, is based around animals. Such a theme has not been tried in Pollywood until now. Kudos to the makers for trying out something different.
- Aggressive Promotion – The team of Dangar Doctor Jelly, especially Ravinder Grewal, Sara Gurpal, Rajiv Thakur and debutant Geet Gambhir have travelled all across Punjab, Chandigarh and New Delhi to promote their film. There has been adequate media coverage and this will definitely help the movie get recognition this Friday.
- Ravinder – Atharv combo – Director Atharv Baluja and actor Ravinder Grewal have already done a couple of movies together. There is a strong connect between the duo and simultaneously the audiences know what to expect out of them.
- Rajiv Thakur, Karamjit Anmol and B.N. Sharma – These three character artists of the movie are brilliant performers. If given meaty roles, they can lift the movie unimaginably.
- Diwali release – Diwali is a festival where the entire nation is on an extended holiday. The movie would be having an apt release time, i.e. one day after Diwali. Vishkarma Day will be observed on Friday and the movie will definitely be benefitted from the long weekend.
Also read – Not an Interview with Ravinder Grewal – “When I was very young, I bought a Vespa scooter and that was the happiest time of my life”
What could go wrong?
- Competition from big Bollywood releases – Ajay Devgun’s ‘Golmaal Again‘ and Aamir Khan’s ‘Secret Superstar‘ will also be releasing this Friday alongside Dangar Doctor Jelly. Not only will these cut into the number of shows of Dangar Doctor Jelly, but the presence of superstars will make these movies the preferred choice of a majority of cinegoers this Friday.
- Uninteresting music – Although the trailer of the movie did manage to generate some hype, but the music has not been accepted at all by the audiences. The movie lacks a superhit song and the title track is just about average.
Also read – Not an Interview with Geet Gambir – Dangar Doctor Jelly is the best thing that has happened to me
Box Office Prediction:
Dangar Doctor Jelly is expected to begin on an average note. At best, the movie will be able to recover it’s cost ultimately. If the word of mouth is positive, that is the only way it will bring in the expected monetary benefits for the investors. Let’s hope this danger doctor stands tall against the odds and generate impressive numbers.
Do you agree with our assumption? Do leave your comment below.
Please follow and like us: